After a long Easter weekend I’m back with the last achievements.
Here is the back with the lower bridges once glued :
I started by gluing the wood piece (on the pegbox side) piece with the 2 lateral sides :
Once it’s dried !
Here I’m cutting (into some spare parts used for making the sides) some 1cm wide strips in order to do the lower linings !
And then I glued them on the sides !
I planned it and I adjusted the junction of the back with the sides :
Then I glued the back and the sides together :
One dried : (It’s starting to look like a gurdy :D)
As I needed to reduce the thickness of the soundboard to 3mm, I built up a thickness gauge using a used dial indicator bought for 10 € and some plywood ! (I took the idea on this website http://lutherie-guitare.org/wordpress/fabrication-dune-jauge-depaisseur/)
After that I had to test my new homemade tool so I started to reduce the soundboard !
I was able to reduce it between 3 and 4 mm but I still need to do some finishing in some areas !
See you soon !